Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries (you can also use frozen unsweetened blueberries)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups with butter or cooking spray.
To make the cinnamon streusel topping, in a small bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Use your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until large crumbs form. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
Add in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk and vanilla, and stir until combined. (The batter will be lumpy!)
Gently fold in the blueberries with a spoon.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling up to the top.
Sprinkle some of the streusel topping on each muffin.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Let cool slightly before enjoying!
Makes 12 muffins.Adapted from The Williams-Sonoma Baking Book