I’m sure you all know by now that I love strawberries. I love desserts, but nothing beats a bowl of fresh strawberries on a warm summer night! I’ve tried to make as many desserts and drinks with strawberries as possible so far this summer, from Strawberry Lemonade, to Strawberry Iced Tea, to Strawberry Ice Cream. I wanted to try something a little different, so I made strawberry jam! I’ve always wanted to make my own jam, but in a quick and easy way.
This is really, really good and super easy to make! You only need three basic ingredients and about 15 minutes to make this jam. It seems almost too easy, homemade jam from only 3 ingredients?! It’s true, you only need fresh strawberries, sugar, and a lemon to make this sweet, fresh strawberry jam that you can put on just about anything. Use it on crackers, bread, muffins, even ice cream! There’s nothing wrong with eating it right out of the jar, either…
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup sugar (use a little less if you prefer jam that’s a little less sweet)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor.
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir, cooking over medium heat, until the syrup thickens, and the mixture starts to boil (about 10 minutes).
- Pour into a jar, uncovered, and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover, and store in the refrigerator before enjoying!