Looking for a great new cookie to try? These almond cookies are really, really good. They taste of sweet almond, with a hint of vanilla. What’s even better than the taste of these cookies is the texture. The outside is nice and crunchy, but the inside is delicate and chewy. These are perfect for an afternoon snack, especially with tea. Move over chocolate chip, there’s a new cookie in town!
- 4 oz. almond paste
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the almond paste, powdered sugar, and salt. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the egg white and the vanilla extract. Mix for another 2-3 minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
- Using a measuring tablespoon, drop the batter onto the lined baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Flatten them slightly.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar, and enjoy!