Magic Bars…who doesn’t love them? Around here, we call them Kahuna bars; some people call them Everything bars. Whatever you call them, they are super yummy! Butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk poured on top of a graham cracker crust.
So, what do magic bars have to do with pecan pie? Well, the other day I was craving some chocolate pecan pie, my absolute favorite pie. Well, really, the only kind of pie I ever eat. So, I made one…and then I ate it. And then I wanted some more. While I was getting the ingredients together for my second pie, I had the sudden urge to add coconut to the pie. Then I thought about butterscotch chips. And then, it hit me. These were starting to sound like the ingredients for Kahuna bars. Hmm…. I wondered the whole time it was in the oven how the pie would turn out. Hubby and I agree it’s a keeper!
And, so here you have it. Magic Bar Pecan Pie: pecan pie with all the works!
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and eggs until combined.
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, vanilla, pecans, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut.
- Pour into the pie crust, and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 350 degrees, and continue baking for another 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set.
- Let cool and enjoy!