Fudgy brownie cookies. Really, the name says it all. When you bite into these cookies, the first thing that you notice is how soft and fudgy the center is. Then, it happens: an intense wave of rich, dark chocolate bursts in your mouth. And stays there, until you have another cookie, and another, and another…
With these cookies, it’s all about the chocolate. Because these cookies only require a few basic ingredients, you want to let the chocolate really stand out. Use the best chocolate you can find. For these, I used my favorite, Scharffen Berger, because of its absolutely delicious fruity flavor. (Seriously, once you smell this chocolate, it’s hard to use any other kind!) I used their 62% cacao semi-sweet and 99% cacao unsweetened chocolate to give these cookies the perfect balance between rich and velvety chocolate.
This is all the chocolate you’ll need this Valentines Day!
Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, microwave the chocolate and butter in 30-second increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of you standing mixer, beat the melted chocolate and sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, again until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, and beat for another minute.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix on low until combined.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 1 hour.
- After the cookie dough has chilled, line cookie sheets with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, use a measuring tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough. Roll each scoop between your hands and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes, until the cookies are set, but still soft.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dust liberally with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
In other news…
I’ve joined forces with some of my fellow bloggers to help Amanda from KitchenMisfit raise money for cancer! If you’re interested in bidding for a chance to win a pan of my Crunchy Nutella Brownies or a dozen of my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles, head on over to our online auction!
Is it bad that it is 6am and I already want one?
[…] over at La Casa de Sweets today. It’s a great baking blog with lots of fabulous treats like fudgy brownie cookies and mini cookies and cream cheesecakes. These hearts are made of milk chocolate layered with […]