This ice cream has quickly become everyone’s favorite around here. There’s something for everyone to like here: smooth, creamy peanut butter ice cream, with sweet and crunchy chunks of Butterfinger in every spoonful.
Not a fan of peanut butter? Not to worry. There’s only a light peanut butter base here, so it doesn’t overpower the ice cream at all. Don’t like egg-based ice creams? This is egg-free! Plus, you only need 4 basic ingredients to make this, so there’s really no reason why you shouldn’t make it!
Serve this on a warm brownie or by itself after a BBQ.
You know you
want need this ice cream!
Butterfinger Ice Cream
Makes 1 quart of ice cream.
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 x 2.1 oz. Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the half-and-half and sugar, and warm until hot (but not boiling).
- Once hot, remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, cover the surface of the ice cream base with plastic wrap, and freeze for 1-2 hours (or refrigerate overnight) until very cold.
- Once cold, pour into your ice cream maker and freeze.
- In the last few minutes of freezing, pour in the chopped Butterfinger bars and allow to mix into the ice cream for a minute or two.
- Pour the ice cream into a container and freeze for at least 3 hours before enjoying!
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets