Things have been sort of rocky here. My hands keep getting worse, and some days I can barely lift a fork. On those days, there’s no way I can bake and frost a few dozen cupcakes, or roll out homemade dough. On rough days, I try to take it easy. Which means coming up with less complicated desserts, like this chocolate bark.
It only takes 5 minutes to make, but it’s so good people will think you spent a lot longer in the kitchen. You start by melting chocolate (since it’s the main ingredient, use the best chocolate you can get), and then you add the yummiest of mix-ins: mini marshmallows, peanut butter chips and nuts. It’s perfect by itself, served with ice cream, or paired with your after-dinner coffee.
Rocky Road Bark
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate jimmies (optional)
- Line an 8×8 pan with wax paper, and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, add the marshmallows, peanut butter chips, and nuts. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the lined baking pan, and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate jimmies, if using.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until hardened. Enjoy!
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets