Meet the cookie I can’t stop eating. Literally. I had to give these cookies away just to stop myself from eating them all in one sitting.
There’s so many things going for this shortbread cookie: fresh orange, mini chocolate chips, and, wait for it…shredded coconut in every bite. All these flavors combine to produce a cookie that’s a cross between a coconut macaroon and a Pepperidge Farm Orange Milano.
Light, buttery and perfectly addictive…
Orange Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar and orange zest on medium speed until combined.
- Beat in the orange juice.
- On low speed, gradually add the flour, coconut and pinch of salt. Mix on medium speed until well-combined, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low, and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a piece of parchment paper, and use your hands to form the dough into a rectangle-shaped log.
- Wrap the cookie dough log in the parchment paper, then freeze for 1 hour.
- Once frozen, preheat the oven to 325° and use a sharp knife to cut the log into 24 cookies.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet, and bake the cookies at 325° until lightly golden brown, about 20 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through.
- Cool the cookies completely before enjoying!
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets