Mint Limeade…the perfect drink to get you out on the deck, slipping your flip-flops off, and sipping away while you dream about being on the beach. Or, if you’re my husband, it’s the drink that, in his words, makes you feel like a (sober) Sam Axe… Yup, it’s the simple things in life that make summer awesome.
And this drink is super easy to make. You take a simple syrup infused with fresh mint leaves and lime zest, then add fresh lime juice, water and ice.
You’re a few minutes away from taking a sip of refreshing mint limeade, and dreaming yourself away to the beach…
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lime juice
- To make the simple syrup, combine 1 cup of water, the sugar, lime zest and mint leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the syrup reaches a boil, remove from the heat. Let the syrup cool completely, then pour the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate until cold.
- Once the lime-mint syrup is cold, pour the syrup into a pitcher, and add the lime juice and 5 cups of cold water. Stir until combined.
- Fill glasses with ice, pour the limeade into each glass, and enjoy!
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets