I love a good honey mustard dressing. It’s one of the only salad dressings I actually enjoy. You know what I don’t like? Oil. And salad dressings are almost always loaded with a ton of oil. Yuck. So, in true La Casa de Sweets fashion, I set out to create a low-fat oil-free recipe for sweet, tangy honey mustard dressing.
It turns out, the secret to a great oil-free dressing is greek yogurt. It’s low-fat or fat-free, adds a perfect amount of tang, and makes your dressing oh so creamy. Use spicy brown (or dijon) mustard to add a kick to the dressing, and a bit of honey to make it sweet. What’s better than that flavor combo, I ask you?
Trust me, this salad dressing is so creamy and delicious, no one will believe it’s low-fat…
Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mustard (dijon or spicy brown, preferably)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk together until smooth. (You can also use a food processor to combine the ingredients).
- Taste, and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Pour into a jar or bottle, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with your favorite salad, or as a dip with vegetables, and enjoy!
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets