We’re always looking for new and exciting breakfast options. Oatmeal is one of our family’s favorite things to make for breakfast. Now sometimes when people think of oatmeal, they think “boring!!” And, yes, sometimes oatmeal can be boring. But oatmeal baked on top of peaches and sprinkled with sugar? There ain’t nothing boring about that!
Basically, it’s like peach cobbler, with a nice sweet oatmeal topping. Peach cobbler for breakfast…that should get anyone excited for breakfast!
Baked Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar, plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups peaches, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped peaches, sugar, cinnamon and flour until the peaches are coated.
- Pour into the greased baking pan, making sure the peaches cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture over the peaches, then sprinkle the 1/2 cup brown sugar on top of the oatmeal.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes, until the oatmeal is set.
- Let cool slightly, top with additional milk or cream, and enjoy!
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets