This instant pot applesauce is super easy to make, and requires very little effort for such a flavorful snack! You can use it for your vegan baking, serve it as a side dish with your holiday meal, or just eat it as a snack like we do here. This applesauce has no added sugar, so it’s great any time of day.
While a combination of different types of apple works best, I’ve made this with only one type of apple with great results. You can also leave your apples unpeeled for this recipe, and either take out the peels before blending, or blend them and then strain the applesauce before serving.
Instant Pot Applesauce
Fast and easy, this applesauce is the perfect blend of spices and apples. Naturally vegan and gluten free. The best part? No added sugar!
- Instant pot
- 8-10 large apples (peeled, cored and quartered) a mixed variety of apples works best here
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Add all the ingredients to your Instant Pot, stirring until combined.
- Put the lid on, and set the manual pressure cook time to 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes are up, set the Instant Pot to release immediately.
- Transfer the cooked apples to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Notes: You can leave the apples unpeeled, and then either remove the peels once they’re cooked in the Instant Pot, or blend them with the peel and strain it later. I’ve tested each of these methods, and the results are about the same. My kids prefer it strained, though, to remove any fibers from the apple peels before eating. Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets
Hi. I tried this instant pot recipe and it turned out so yummy and everyone loved it. Thanks a lot for sharing the recipe.